Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weather N Such

So are you wondering what our weather is like here in Japan? It is a lot like the weather in Virginia this time of year. It is around 65-68 degrees in the daytime, sunny or partly cloudy. We haven't had any rain yet. It gets down to about 40 at night, I think.

We have an interesting time here on the base about a/c or heat. Apparantly the Japanese government pays our electric bill for this base. Japanese are very proficient in conserving energy. I think this is a very good thing. How that translates to us is that we are in a 30-40 day period where there is no a/c or heat. It will get pretty cold here before they turn on the heat. I knew about this before we left. I packed long sleeve shirts and stocked up on hoodies and sweaters for all of us. Exception of Michael of course. He actually wore a pair of long pants yesterday. He only owns 1 or 2 jackets/hoodies. He is a very stubborn person when it comes to outerwear. I have a feeling he will change his mind later. Grandma, you may have to come to his rescue later. JCPenney does ship to the base. I saw one of their boxes yesterday at the post office.

We slept a little better last night. In fact it is 7:15 Atsugi time and the boys are still snoozing. They actually stayed up until 9 p.m. last night. Oh, I think I just heard a yawn. I still have this blasted cold and didn't sleep well. My wonderful hubby just left to go to the mini mart to get more meds for me. I am determined to lick this cold so I can explore. I want to get to the store to buy my Bryan a cake for his birthday today. If we go by Georgia time where he was born, his birthday won't be until 1 a.m. tonight. HA HA. I think we'll eat the cake before then. I'll post a pic of his cake later.....

No comments: