Wednesday, November 5, 2008

6 Days a Week

It is our 6th full day in Atsugi. It has been a crazy thing. Our bodies are still not quite adjusted to the time change. It gets dark here a little earlier than in VA. It makes you feel like you need to go to sleep by 9 p.m. every night. We've been waking up at 6 or 6:30 every morning. I like to sleep until at least 8 a.m. I try to stay up later and I just can't! Of course, it doesn't help being in a hotel room with not much to do.

My husband is gone. Yes, I miss him already. I did good and did not cry today. However, the boys are pushing my buttons and I wish that he was here to make them stop! Picking on each other....

Bryan had his bowling league meeting this afernoon. There are about 15 kids altogether. There are 2 other girls the same age as Bryan. The rest are younger. They actually start bowling next week. Bryan received his new bowling shoes today and they fit him very well. His ball came in also. He won't get that until next week because the bowling manager is in a tournament in Tokyo this week.

A fellow command spouse very graciously took Bryan and I to Zama today. I was able to see Dolly and Mr. Jenks. They are doing very well and as usual were very happy to see us. AND I was so sad to say good-bye to them again. I feel like such a terrible MOM!!

I also was able to stop by Bryan's school, Zama American Middle School and give them all of his registration paperwork. I explained to them that I didn't want him to start until next Wed. or Thurs. I have to go by the transportation office and get him a bus pass. Also, there was a question about him having a tetanus shot so I will take him to immunizations Dept. at the clinic tomorrow to check that out.

Before hubby left we went by the Housing Office to get the new Housing List. We checked into a few houses and there was nothing promising for us to look at in person. I was disappointed. We still have time, but it would be nice to know we have a house. There are several people here at the lodge that already have a house, they are just waiting for it to be vacant. I wish that was me.... But I know we will find a place eventually. Keep us in your prayers and your fingers crossed. Let's see what tomorrow brings.....

No comments: