Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Approved for Orders to NAF Atsugi, Japan

We were approved on Nov 5th for Orders to Atsugi, Japan. They say we will have to wait until January to receive the hard copy orders. Then we will know what our timeline is for moving.

In the meantime, I can start our maltese puppy, Dolly and our cat, Mr. Jenks, AKA Mittens, on their shots and microchipping. I can also go ahead and start the passport process. We all have to have a regular passport for travel outside of Japan. We want to go to Australia, Thailand and Singapore while we are there.

I have already started the process of downsizing our personal belongings. Craigslist has been awesome here in VA. It's very difficult to decide what to take, what to leave in storage, what to give to family to hold, and what to get rid of.

I'm somewhat overwhelmed at the moment with all we have to do, but at least I have time to plan. As long as I start the process and don't fall behind, we should be okay.

Yikes, important decisions ahead. Once we get the orders, we've got to figure out when to sell the house!!

I was hired for a part-time job in a girl's clothing store yesterday. That will allow me plenty of time to do all the stuff I need to get done.

The next few weeks, we'll be letting this all sink in that we are definitly going to Japan!!

No comments: