Saturday, December 13, 2008

So, We're moving into a Japanese Home

The lease is signed, our bags are packed, our household goods shipment has arrived. Monday is the big day!

Today we picked up the keys and went by the house and filled out the damages list. The house is small, like an American Townhouse. But it is sufficient and we like the location.

My wonderful husband sprayed for spiders around the house in and out. Yeah, believe me when I tell you that you don't wanna know about the Japanese Spiders. They are enough to give you nightmares for many years to come.

I bought curtains today for the livingroom, kitchen, and the boys' rooms. I still have to buy for our room, and their are two windows on the staircase. They were EXPENSIVE. Tomorrow we will go over and hang the curtains.

I am ready to move and excited to have a home before Christmas. It is a little stressful because I don't know everything about Japanese utilities and trash. There are crazy rules to the trash, and you have to keep 4 separate trash cans. You put trash out every single day, but different types. I forgot to ask the landlord how to do it. OOOPS.

I do feel comfortable now about driving back and forth. If you can drive by landmarks instead of street names, you'd do fine here. Our neighbors seem very interested about us moving in. I am looking forward to meeting them.

We will be without internet connection for about 1 week. JComm will connect us up. So, I'll write again after we are snug in our new home.

No comments: