Monday, September 15, 2008

Being Under 45 Days . . .

If you have been in the military and have made a move overseas, I'm sure you know my feelings. One minute I'm thinking about what to make for dinner, the next I'm thinking about why do I still have so many things to NOT take to Japan. At dinner, I'm thinking about the phone calls I forgot to make, after dinner I'm concerned about my son's homework, during his homework I realize I need to be starting my inventory.

There just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to get done. We have to get started on the painting in the house we need to do, but we can't do that until my Mom's apartment is ready. She was supposed to be moved Sept. 1st, and today is the 15th.

I have realized that during this whole process, nothing ever goes how it is supposed to. You have to go with the flow and take things as they come. We have done very well with this so far.

My Dad called me yesterday and let me know he and my Step Mom are coming to see us before we leave. I am very happy about that. I will be glad for the break. The boys will be glad to get some bowling in with Grandma and Grandpa.

My poor hubby has put his 46" TV up for sale on Craig's List. He will be sad to see it go. But he gets to buy a new one in Japan. It's Football Season. Way to go Steelers beating the Brown's last night!!

My hubby only has 9 days of school left. Then he will be in a holding place for two weeks on base. Then he will be on leave until we reach Japan. It will be weird for both of us to be home for a month. I'm sure we will enjoy it. (When I'm not giving him things to do....)

We continue to meet some very nice people who have already been to Japan. I would still say 95% of the people LOVED Japan. That is very encouraging in these last months before we go. I have noticed that I am getting more anxious and a little sad. I will miss my family and my pets I'm leaving with my Mom. I know it will be hard missing them. Thank goodness for email so that I can get pics of them whenever I want.

The pet process has been a little easier than I thought so far. We are still waiting on the vet to correct our FAVN certificate with the wrong date on it. Dolly will be with me on the plane until we get to DC and then she will go cargo with Mr. Jenks for the ride to Tokyo. Brian thinks this will cut down on my stress. (SURE IT WILL!) I'll be biting my nails the whole way over the pacific!!





1 comment:

Jaime said...

Boy do I know that feeling! I'm in Atsugi as well (got your info from the PM you'd sent over on Multiply!)

It's WONDERFUL being in Japan. There are a few challenges, but most things can be overcome either online or by knowing someone already here. I admit, I'm still clueless when it comes to shopping in town *laughs* but it's easier and easier to find places to visit and things to see!

I'd love to get to know you a bit better - give me a shout sometime!!! If there's anything I can help with, please let me know!!!